Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Identified FO!

Why aren't mittens the new socks? I mean, c'mon, I finished these mittens in four days! Bravely, I went ahead with exactly 74 grams of yarn left after finishing my entrelac cap hoping the entire time that I'd have enough yarn. Whew. I made it. What do I like about these?

They were boring stockinette, and I used up the black yarn first so at least there were two colors. Besides, I didn't want to possibly add any yarn-eating feature, so stockinette I went. In the end they seemed to spartan (even in raspberry and black!), so I decided to put my initials on them. I thought I might embroider a whole word on each hand, but my hands are small, and initials seemed clean somehow.

I also like the "Peekaboo" feature of the mittens. The yarn is an incredibly warm wool-blend, so I don't think I'll suffer much from the cold with the pop-top finger opening.

Pattern: Peekaboo Mittens
Yarn: 75 grams of Elsebeth Lavold Angora in Black & magenta Yarn enabler: elann.com in March, 2007
Knit on: One 36" Knitpicks Size 6
Time I spent knitting these when I should have been on the elliptical machine: 4 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peekaboo mittens are awesome. Very handy for a city dweller.

Harlem Purl said...

Mittens in the middle of summer......I totally get it :-)

Knitting Ewe said...

Wow!