Thursday, July 26, 2007

Saved from a fate worse than death...

Here I sat, all ready to start a new traveling project (as opposed to the afghan project, which stays at home), but what would it be? I have this lovely Brooklyn Handspun calling out to be socks, but I couldn't find a sock pattern I wanted to do in this variegated sock yarn. hmmmm...

Pomatomus (for a third go-around? goodness gracious)

Monkeys? (no, been there done that, twice...)

Ribs? Cables? Lace? What would it be?

Then this shows up in my e-mail today-- I LOVE Interweave Knits for they have saved me from a fate worse than death (wherein I have the yarn, the needles, and the sock-knitting jonez, but no pattern!)

Because there they were--socks patterns already all ready for downloadable fun--no need to even wait for the issue to show up at my door.

Honeycomb Socks! Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. (Anyone know this old song? I LOVE IT!)

But the heart-stealer of the day, I think is going to be: AMBROSIA SOCKS!

Shout a hearty hallelujah and amen and be seated for some sock knitting!


(PS--Anyone notice that I have 4 (four!) empty spaces to fill in my stash list? Should I wait until I go to Webs? Can anyone get me some Wollmeise?)

4 comments:

misplacedpom said...

ooooh, the perhaps song is the theme tune to an English sitcom called "Coupling". Very, very funny. Even my American friends get the humor.

misplacedpom said...

Aw, sh1te. I spelt humour without a "u". I blame having to write "tumor" repeatedly over the last couple of days for my exam.

My English-ness is fading....

misplacedpom said...

Oh, now I'm on a commenting roll.

I was thinking of ordering some Wollemeise and having it shipping home to the UK where I will be in a week, since the shipping will probably be cheaper. Maybe we whould put in an order together if you can wait til late August to get it?

nicolina said...

buy more yarn!
buy more yarn!

i hear that there's a sale at knit ny this weekend. hmm...