Monday, July 30, 2007

Dream or nightmare?

Last night I had images of a past relationship. Partly dream, partly nightmare--it's all how you look at it. I think I was influenced by this: holy sh;t!


See--it's a dream or a nightmare depending on how you look at it. It's a lot of yarn to knit--what a dream. It's a LOT of yarn to knit--nightMARE! Dream: There's a lot of yarn. Nightmare: What yarn do I actually have?


For me it would be a lot like having an LYS nearby that was poorly organized. And of course, in the city, there's no WAY I'd ever have enough room for all that yarn. The pressure of knitting up all that yarn would also weigh on me until I was flatly blocked like some huge piece of lace.


By the way, check out the rest of that blog. Some incrediby cute thingamajigs to knit!


I am happy with my paltry 10-yarn stash (temporarily languishing at only 6 yarns) and knowing my yarn well and having it call out to me what it wants to become. Whew.


In the meantime, here's a wedding afghan update:

Time elapsed: 16 days
S & C's Wedding Day: -7 days.
Repeats Completed: 3.5
Skeins knitted: 7.5 of 26.
Length: 16.5 inches
Hence: I have GOT to get crackin' on this.

I keep getting distracted by these little buggers. In fact, I'm about to go exercise just so I can go work on them...

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh. Mah. GAWD.

Knitting Ewe said...

That is not a stash - that is a some sort of hoarding disorder! But, I might marry just about any man whose mother-in-law had that yarn stash.

Code Purl said...

I've gotten my future MIL to start a yarn stash. She's knit for years but could not understand the concept of buying yarn before she was ready to actually knit it. Sound familiar?