Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Wasn't feelin' it

I do feel the ewe-phoria of an FO. I do like the way the socks fit. The pattern is great: Good for variegated yarn. Good for me, Ms. Loose Knitter, since it had a stitch that one slips for four whole rows. The stitch pattern is also brilliant in that that slipped stitch keeps the fabric firm so that the socks don't have a chance to slouch--nicely snug to the leg and foot! I would highly recommend the pattern--and it's free!

The yarn is good to knit with and the dyeing is very well done. Despite all these positives, I just wasn't feeling it, so even though I have enough yarn left to probably knit a third sock, I stopped knitting these toe-up sock at crew socks. I think the colors, which I love separately, somehow weren't giving me the love I was hoping for. And you can't see it, but the colorway had too much brown--practically the same brown as my skin. And who wants to knit skin? eeuw.

Pattern: Ambrosia Socks
Yarn: Brooklyn Handspun Signature Yarn in "Festive;"
Yarn enabler: Brooklyn Handspun, June 2007
Knit on: One 32" Knitpicks Size 0 Circular Needle
Time I spent knitting these when I should have been knitting the wedding afghan: 11 days.

I'm thinking that after I knit up the beautiful Yarn Love I have in my stash that it's time to lay off the variegated sock yarns. Whaddya think?


Harlem Purl said...

What is this thing you call "non varegated sock yarn"? Do yarn companies even make that? Why would anyone in there right mind want to knit a sock without at least five colors swirling all around up in it?

nicolina said...

hmm... solo color? i wanna make these!

Annie said...

Lovely socks. Lovely pattern. Lovely colors. And what's this about the monogomous knitter going monotonous? Amd I even spelling those words correctly?

Elinor said...

Oh, what beauties!!! I love how the colors run together but not in a bad pooling way!!!