Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Wasn't feelin' it

I do feel the ewe-phoria of an FO. I do like the way the socks fit. The pattern is great: Good for variegated yarn. Good for me, Ms. Loose Knitter, since it had a stitch that one slips for four whole rows. The stitch pattern is also brilliant in that that slipped stitch keeps the fabric firm so that the socks don't have a chance to slouch--nicely snug to the leg and foot! I would highly recommend the pattern--and it's free!

The yarn is good to knit with and the dyeing is very well done. Despite all these positives, I just wasn't feeling it, so even though I have enough yarn left to probably knit a third sock, I stopped knitting these toe-up sock at crew socks. I think the colors, which I love separately, somehow weren't giving me the love I was hoping for. And you can't see it, but the colorway had too much brown--practically the same brown as my skin. And who wants to knit skin? eeuw.




Pattern: Ambrosia Socks
Yarn: Brooklyn Handspun Signature Yarn in "Festive;"
Yarn enabler: Brooklyn Handspun, June 2007
Knit on: One 32" Knitpicks Size 0 Circular Needle
Time I spent knitting these when I should have been knitting the wedding afghan: 11 days.

I'm thinking that after I knit up the beautiful Yarn Love I have in my stash that it's time to lay off the variegated sock yarns. Whaddya think?

4 comments:

Harlem Purl said...

What is this thing you call "non varegated sock yarn"? Do yarn companies even make that? Why would anyone in there right mind want to knit a sock without at least five colors swirling all around up in it?

nicolina said...

hmm... solo color? i wanna make these!

Annie said...

Lovely socks. Lovely pattern. Lovely colors. And what's this about the monogomous knitter going monotonous? Amd I even spelling those words correctly?

Elinor said...

Oh, what beauties!!! I love how the colors run together but not in a bad pooling way!!!