Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Return of the Blast from the Past

I have this gig singing in a church choir, and this year the only two women of child-bearing age in my section both had babies within a month of each other. All hormones, all the time! They are both wonderful women who have lovely baby girls that they are enjoying.

I did not join the baby-making frenzy of the altos of the choir, but instead chose to be in the knitted-item-for-baby frenzy!

Pattern: Five-hour baby sweater (I believe based on some Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern)
Yarn: Knit from one skein (only 215 yds!) of Malabrigo Worsted in Color #98 "Tuareg"
Yarn enabler: Stitch Therapy
Time I spent knitting them when I could have..: Who are we kidding? It's like three television shows worth of knitting if you're quick!

I loved this item above for both its construction (It's like 60 rows and voila: a sweater!) AND the yarn. It was quick to knit which was great because I started about 2 weeks before the delivery date, but was sad because I loved touching the yarn so much. Now some have said that it's not worth it to make an adult sweater out Malabrigo because it will pill like kah-ray-zee!, but I figured for a baby, what the heck. I love LOVE LOVE the hand of this yarn. Really I do. I do dream of knitting a bigger version --much MUCH bigger--for myself. It might not be stylish for an adult, but I won't care!

4 comments:

Knitting Ewe said...

If you loved knitting with the yarn that much - imagine how much you would love wearing it - go for it!

Annie said...

Whoah, I have one skein of Malabrigo that I have wanted to use for an expecting friend! This may be perfect. Go you! Love the color...

Anonymous said...

Pretty sweater? What size needles did you use? I am thinking of making one for my goddaughter.

Anonymous said...

Oops...the anonymous post is me

Tawana