Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fast (and maybe wrong)

Yay! I finished it!

Yarn enabler: Elann
Time I spent knitting this when I should have been writing exams: Two weeks and two days.

Hmmm, some problems. One of the things I really liked about this podcast was that one of the podcasters had a segment knitting fast and wrong, which I could totally relate to. (Psst, if any of you know these women, could you ask them to podcast again? I miss them.) As you may notice, there are a few finishing problems arising from fast and wrong knitting, which I have fixed since having Poem-man take this picture. I also think I'll take a good hot iron to this and do some more aggressive blocking. The fabric of the body is much better than that of the sleeves. On the other hand, I like the sweater a good bit. The pattern comes out nicely and it's easy to wear.

Though I did cast on some socks, I think I want to concentrate on sweaters a bit. It's been awhile since I've done a sweater and, well, my finishing techniques need practice. I mean, c'mon, there's no finishing to a sock, really. And a lace cardigan in mercerized cotton? Fraught with finishing perils!

3 comments:

HPNY KNITS said...

peacock looks great!

Knitting Ewe said...

Love, love, love your feathers! Good job!

nicolina said...

you look preeeeetty. and uber-delish color.

ballet soon....!