Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fast (and maybe wrong)

Yay! I finished it!

Yarn enabler: Elann
Time I spent knitting this when I should have been writing exams: Two weeks and two days.

Hmmm, some problems. One of the things I really liked about this podcast was that one of the podcasters had a segment knitting fast and wrong, which I could totally relate to. (Psst, if any of you know these women, could you ask them to podcast again? I miss them.) As you may notice, there are a few finishing problems arising from fast and wrong knitting, which I have fixed since having Poem-man take this picture. I also think I'll take a good hot iron to this and do some more aggressive blocking. The fabric of the body is much better than that of the sleeves. On the other hand, I like the sweater a good bit. The pattern comes out nicely and it's easy to wear.

Though I did cast on some socks, I think I want to concentrate on sweaters a bit. It's been awhile since I've done a sweater and, well, my finishing techniques need practice. I mean, c'mon, there's no finishing to a sock, really. And a lace cardigan in mercerized cotton? Fraught with finishing perils!


HPNY Knits said...

peacock looks great!

Knitting Ewe said...

Love, love, love your feathers! Good job!

nicolina said...

you look preeeeetty. and uber-delish color.

ballet soon....!